Are you unsure about a charity? Do you suspect it might be a scam or fraudulent organization? You can use the IRS Tax Exempt Organization Search tool and search the organization using 1) EIN or 2) organization name, plus other fields (i.e. State, City, etc.).
Some key features and functions of this tool:
- It provides information about an organization’s federal tax status and filings.
- Donors can use it to confirm that an organization is tax-exempt and eligible to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions.
- Users can find out if an organization had its tax-exempt status revoked.
- Organizations are searchable by legal name or a doing business as name on file with the IRS or Employer Identification Number
- The search results are sortable by name, EIN, state and country.