Accountants & CPAs for Restaurants in Philadelphia and South Jersey
When you’re running a restaurant, you have enough to worry about dealing with the day-to-day of the business, often seven days a week. Let GG CPA handle the numbers! We have years of experience working with restaurants in Philadelphia and South Jersey, and we’ve helped restaurant owners understand their costs and maximize profits.
In recent years, restaurant accounting has become even more complicated with compliance and special funding programs like:
- Paycheck Protection Program
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Restaurant Revitalization Fund
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Loan programs
- Employee Retention Credit (up to $27k per employee)
Now more than ever, restaurants in Philadelphia and South Jersey need an experienced accountant to help you maximize available funding, obtain special tax credits and diverse opportunities that target the restaurant community.
Whether in times of great uncertainty or a stable economy, proper accounting is a necessity to running a restaurant. GG CPA offers restaurant accounting services including:
- Monthly accounting
- Review of your Point of Sale system (PoS) to avoid discrepancies in Sales tax calculations or tax return filings
- Preparing tax returns with special attention to special tax credits for restaurants
- Filing sales tax and liquor taxes on a monthly, quarterly or other basis
- Considerations for sales tax already paid by merchants like DoorDash, Grubhub, and UberEats
- Filing state litter fees for NJ
- Renewing licenses as needed
- Obtaining discounts on Use and Occupancy taxes for Philadelphia due to the government limitation on the occupancy
- Consulting on the day-to-day business operations and opportunities for financial improvement
GG CPA has decades of experience providing accounting and tax services to restaurants, cafes, and diners in Philadelphia and South Jersey. We know the ins and outs of food costs, labor costs, special tax credits, and profit and loss benchmarks that restaurant owners must manage.
Contact us today to discuss your restaurant’s accounting needs.
- Tax planning
- Tax preparation
- Retirement and Social security analysis
- Tax planning and preparation
- Sales tax and local tax filings
- Financial statement preparation
- Controller (CFO) functions
- Business Consulting
- Research of applicable tax credits
- Assist with obtaining financing or SBA programs
About Our Restaurant Accountant and CPA
Victor Garrido, Managing Partner of GG CPA Services, was born and raised in Madrid (Spain). He studied and worked internationally first in Europe, spending a few months in Cambridge and London in United Kingdom, around three years at Milan in Italy, a month in Maastricht in the Netherlands, etc. Victor later spent six years in New York, and traveled often to Boston, DC, Florida, etc. Victor has lived in in the South Jersey / Philadelphia area since 2017.
As a result, Victor Garrido and his team are aware of language barriers and cultural differences. Victor Garrido fluently speaks English, Spanish and Italian, plus has some limited knowledge of French. Other partners and staff at GG CPA Services are familiar with the Spanish language as well.
After working for a Big Four and other companies, Victor founded GG CPA Services to provide professional CPA services to small businesses owners and individuals. We noted a gap for certain communities that were not properly serviced or could not find high value-added services for their personal finances and businesses to flourish.
Victor Garrido grew up in a family of entrepreneurs in Spain. His father founded a property management company and other family members had different small businesses. Victor’s in-laws and spouse are also entrepreneurs in the legal and accounting fields.
We have been in your shoes. To us, accounting is personal.