In the press release on Tuesday February 9, 2021, the City allowed a 50% indoor seating capacity (current 25%) if the restaurant met certain HVAC requirements.
- HVAC system is fully operational and ventilates the entire indoor dining area.
- At least 20 percent outside is air circulated by HVAC system.
- Filtration MERV 11 or higher.
- At least 15 air exchanges per hour are measured indoors.
- Exhaust vent has a minimum six-foot clearance from tables, chairs, or other items.
If restaurants use window fans instead of an HVAC system, at least 15 air exchanges per hour must be measured indoors.
Any restaurant that meets the requirements can follow this Form – https://www.phila.gov/media/20210209114912/Enhanced-Ventilation-Standards-for-Indoor-Dining.pdf