Philadelphia County is receiving approximately $17 million in funding to provide grants to eligible businesses through this program. Grants are available to eligible businesses in the range from $5,000 – $50,000.
- Be physically located in Philadelphia County, in operation as of February 15, 2020, and intend to continue operating within one year of the date of application
- Have a NAICS designation within the Accommodation subsector (721) or Food Services and Drinking Places subsector (722) as its primary activity.
- Have a documented 25% reduction in gross receipts between 2019 and 2020 (calculated annually or quarterly) due to financial impact from COVID-19.
- Be a for-profit business and not a publicly traded entity
- Have fewer than 300 full-time equivalent employees entity wide as of February 15, 2020
- Have a maximum tangible net worth not more than $15 million as of February 15, 2020
- Be in compliance with all local, state, and federal taxes, or be on an approved payment plan or can prove they are in the process of getting on a payment plan
- Have the required federal, state, and local licenses and permits to legally operate and be in good standing with the City of Philadelphia
- Apply for only one CHIRP grant per Philadelphia County business location (per unique EINs)
Eligible business owners can apply online at PIDCphila.com/CHIRP, beginning at 11 a.m. on Monday, March 15th. The deadline to submit applications is 11:59 p.m. on Monday, April 5th.
Link for more details – https://www.pidcphila.com/chirp